Haiti En Marche and Open For Business as you already know that. Haiti has been strike by 7.0 Mw earthquake magnitude in January 2010. However, slowly and surely Haiti start get back on their feet. Since, the new Haitian President Michel Joseph Matelly took the office a lot of movement it is going from Hotel, airport, Carnaval, airline, warehouse factory and many more.
Haiti En Marche and Open For Business has attracted 34 international companies in the last 3 months, and pointed out that since the establishment of the new Government Martelly, investments in Haiti had increased by 20% and that for the current fiscal year, the CFI had recorded $225 million of foreign direct investment.
In its latest information bulletin the CFI mentions a series of direct investment, foreign and domestic, totaling 26.16 million dollars, which will eventually create 1,406 jobs
Georges Andy René, Director General of Investment Facilitation Centre (CFI) said several foreign and local investments that directly include:
- SURTAB S.A., working in the manufacture of tablets, phones and accessories. An investment of U.S. $ 300,000, which will create 39 jobs
- TDC COMBUSTIBLES S.A., in the field of treatment of waste oil and sludge hydrocarbon, an investment of $760,000, which will create 21 jobs
- LIFE S.A., that will manufacture textile goods (handbags, t-shirts, belt, pants), an investment of U.S. $ 100,000, which will generate 20 jobs
- INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION II HAITI S.A., who work in the garment knitted a 10 million investment that will create 780 jobs
- HAITI LEATHER S.A. that will produce leather goods for export, an investment of $ 2.2 million that will create 355 jobs
- AYITI LINGE SERVICE S.A., a laundry and linen processing, an investment of U.S. $ 2 million which will create 20 jobs.
New local investment:
- SOPASA S.A. who work in the production of pasta, an investment of 1.8 million that will create 54 jobs
- PREFAB S.A. a plant for the production of aggregates and derivatives, a 5 million investment that will create 87 jobs
- DMS ENTREPRISE S.A. a manufacturing plant of electrical copper wire, a 4 million investment that will create 30 jobs.
A lot of progress and change happen right now. What do you love to create or improve? Comment below!!